Walnut – Apple Rolls
200 g butter
250 g flour
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3-4 tablespoons water
a pinch of salt
250 g apples, grated
100 g walnuts, chopped
100 g cane sugar
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1 lemon zest
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Prep.time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
You’ll need: Food Processor
- Add flour, butter, vinegar, water and salt into the Food Processor and mix roughly.
- Briefly knead the dough by hand, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Mix apples, walnuts, cane sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Roll out the dough into a square (not more than 5mm thick).
- Spread the filling over it so that there is an approximately 3 cm wide edge left on one side.
- Roll up the dough from the opposite side and cut with a sharp knife into 18-20 slices.
- Place the rolls on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 20 minutes.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland