Tyrolean Apple Strudel
250 g flour
200 g butter
3-4 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons caster sugar
a pinch of salt
500 g apples
50 g sugar
1 tablespoon butter
A pinch of cinnamon
50 g bread crumbs
40 g raisins
20 g pine nuts
1 tbsp rum
1 pack of vanilla sugar
½ teaspoon of lemon zest
Egg for brushing
Icing sugar for sprinkling
Preparation: 60 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 35 minutes
Attachments: Food Processor, stirring tool
- Add flour, butter, sugar, water, and salt to the Food Processor and mix roughly.
- Knead dough briefly by hand wrap in a cling-film and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Attach the stirring tool to stand mixer, set the temperature to 80 ° C.
- Melt the butter and cook the breadcrumbs until they turn slightly brown.
- Peel the apples, core them and cut into small pieces.
- Mix sugar, breadcrumbs, raisinf, pine nuts, rum, vanilla sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a clean, lightly floured surface
- Spread the apple filling over the dough and roll up the strudel. (You can decorate the top with a couple of cuts).
- Brush the top with egg wash and bake for ca. 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle strudel with caster sugar and serve with vanilla sauce.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland