Swirly Sweet Potato Pie
Ingredients for 5-6 small baking tins:
For the dough:
240 g flour
125 g butter, cold
½ pack vanilla sugar
a pinch of salt
200 g sweet potato (or pumpkin)
3 tablespoons agave syrup
150 g cream cheese, Philadelphia
20 g corn starch
100 ml heavy cream
1.5 teaspoons gingerbread spice
40 g cane sugar
Prep.time: 45 minutes
Baking time: 18 minutes
You’ll need: Food processor, Spiralizer
- Mix flour, powdered sugar and salt with the food processor.
- Add the diced butter and water and mix roughly at low speed.
- Quickly knead the dough by hand until it comes together, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 170 ° C (fan forced)
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 3 mm thick and cut out 5-6 circles.
- Line baking tin with dough circles and press lightly.
- Peel the sweet potato and place in the spiralizer. Add the sweet potato strips and agave sirup in a pan, simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, cornstarch, gingerbread spice, egg, and sugar in the Food Processor and blend well.
- Divide the mixture among the baking tins and top it with the sweet potato strips on.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 18 minutes.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland