Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
12 zucchini blossoms
125 g ricotta
1 tablespoon of Parmesan, grated
1 teaspoon of mint, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
500 ml vegetable oil, for frying
4 tablespoons wholemeal flour
ca.100 ml of beer
1 teaspoon salt
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
You’ll need: Food processor
- Add wholemeal flour, salt, beer, and egg into the food processor and mix well.
- Pour oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Put the ricotta in a bowl, stir in the grated parmesan, egg yolk, mint and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully open the zucchini blossoms
- Spoon the filling in the blossoms, close them and twist petals to seal.
- Carefully dip them in the beer dough.
- Place the zucchini blossoms in the oil, and deep fry on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland