Strawberry Cardamom Galette
for the dough
300 g flour
200 g cold butter, cut into cubes
80 g Greek yogurt
1 tsp cane sugar or muscovado sugar
1 tsp salt
freshly ground 6-8 cardamom pods
1 tsp lemon zest
1 egg, for wash
cane sugar, for sprinkling
for the filling
ca. 350-400 g fresh strawberry, halfed
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp corn starch
3-4 tbsp cane or muscovado sugar
Prep.time: ca. 20 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 30 minutes
- Add the dough ingredients in the food processor and pulse until the dough starts to come together.
- Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the strawberry, lemon juice, sugar, and corn starch in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Roll out pastry on a sheet of baking paper to a disc.
- Spoon strawberry mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a border around the edge.
- Fold the pastry over the strawberry mixture. Brush the edges with egg wash and sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Transfer the galette onto a baking tray and bake for 30 mins or until lightly golden.