Stracciatella Pavlova with Rose Hip Custard
4 egg whites
220g caster sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
80 g dark chocolate, finely grated
4 tablespoons rosehip jam
3 tablespoons of dark rum
200 ml whipped cream
Prep.time: 15 minutes
Baking time: ca. 70 minutes plus cooling time
You’ll need: Balloon whisk, stirring tool
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Attach balloon whisk to stand mixer. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Add the caster sugar spoonwise, continue beating until the egg whites are very stiff and shiny.
- Add the vinegar and cornstarch to the meringue, beat another 2 minutes.
- Carefully fold the grated chocolate under the meringue.
- Mound the meringue onto the lined baking tray in a circle approximately 20-22 cm in diameter, smoothing the sides with a spoon.
- “Dry” the pavlova for 1 hr. 10 min. and let it cool at least a couple of hours in the turned off oven,
- Attach stirring tool to Cooking Chef, set the temperature to 100 ° C. Bring rosehip Marmalade and rum to a boil for 2-3 minutes
- Serve the pavlova with rosehip custard and whipped cream.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland