Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake
300g plain Flour
100g Almond flakes
180g Cane sugar
220ml Sunflower oil
250g Pumpkin puree
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp Pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
- In a separate bowl beat together the sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the mixture, and mix well.
- Add the flour and spices and fold to combine until smooth.
- Using your hands, roll the marzipan into a ca 20-22-cm long piece
- Pour half of the batter into a ca. 2-liter bundt tin.
- Place the marzipan along the center in the batter, then top it with remaining batter
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in tin for 15-20 minutes
- Turn out the cake on to the wire rack and leave to cool completely
Ingredients: for the dough 300 g flour 200 g cold butter, cut into cubes 80 g Greek yogurt 1 tsp cane sugar or muscovado sugar 1 tsp salt freshly ground 6-8 cardamom pods 1 tsp lemon zest 1 egg, for wash cane sugar, for sprinkling for the...read more
Ingredients (20 cm baking pan) Dough: 200 g oat flour 1 1/2 tsp Nigella seeds 80 g Butter ca. 25 ml cold water 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar 1 tsp salt Filling: 200 g fresh goat cheese (or Ricotta) 1 small onion 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 eggs...read more
This amazingly light and airy cake is the perfect sweet for Mother’s Day. The cake inside is pure white, so it got the name “angel”. Decorate it with cream and lots of fresh berries.read more
I couldn’t imagine a better Easter brunch, than hash browns with eggs. The crispy potatoes and runny eggs are the perfect combination. The kids love it too because it looks like a muffin. A tip: Serve it hot!read more
These spring rolls are simply prepared, full of fresh vegetables. It is amazingly flavourful and surprisingly filling. Not to mention that they are definitely low carb.read more
Personally, I love tofu, but not the rest of my family of course. For some unknown reason, they, however, eat the smoked tofu. It gives a wonderful smoky touch to the meals, so you almost forget that you are eating tofu.read more
If I have to choose a favorite Sunday cake, it would be the banana bread. It’s juicy, nut-flavored and with the salted caramel sauce, it tastes better than anything you’ve ever tasted before.read more
To all the beautiful ladies out there! I wish you a wonderful women’s day, enjoy the day and treat yourself with something delicious! And don’t forget that you’re all amazing!read more
Pancakes are irresistible. I especially like to bake a healthier version with coconut flour and oatmeal. My daughter loves to add a couple of chocolate chips to the batter too.read more
Fastenwähe goes long back in history. Nowadays, it is a specialty of Basel region, served during the Carnival season. I like to spike the dough with some bacon and Gruyere cheese and sprinkle it with caraway seeds.read more