Spelt-Molasses No-Knead Bread
10g fresh Yeast
400g strong White bread flour
100g Spelt flour
1 tbsp Molasses (25g)
350-400 ml Water
4-5 Ice cubes
- Combine both flours, salt, and yeast in a large bowl and whisk.
- Add water and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for at 8-12 hours. (the longer, the better)
- Turn the dough out onto well-floured surface. Turn once or twice and form into a longer loaf shape.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up oven to 220C, fan forced
- When dough has risen, slash top with a floured knife into two or three slashes, and place it on a lined baking tray. Through 4-5 ice cubes into the oven, then place the baking tray on the middle rack.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Tap the bottom of the bread, if it sounds hollow then it’s done.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting.