Ingredients for 24 cm Springform:
200 g flour
200 g dark chocolate (72%)
200 g butter, soft
150 g sugar
150 g caster sugar
8 eggs, separated
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
Filling and chocolate glaze:
ca. 200 g apricot jam
15 ml dark rum
ca. 250 g dark chocolate (72%)
80g caster sugar
1 tbsp oil
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 60 minutes
Accessories: Balloon Whisk
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Melt chocolate over water bath with butter, vanilla extract, and caster sugar, and cool to room temperature.
- Attach balloon whisk to stand mixer, and beat the egg whites with sugar until stiff.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixing bowl, and at medium speed add the egg yolks one by one.
- Fold in the flour and egg whites.
- Brush a 24cm springform with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Spoon the dough into the pan and bake for ca. 1 hour.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out, to cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the apricot jam with rum in a pan and stir until smooth.
- Diagonally half the cake, brush the jam evenly over the top and sides of the cold cake.
- For the glaze, melt the chocolate with sugar and mix in a tablespoon of oil
- Pour glaze over the cake and leave to set at room temperature.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland