Rustic Apple Crostata
Ingredients for a 25-30 cm Crostata
For the crust:
20g caster sugar
2 Tbsp water
For the filling:
3 apples, thinly sliced
a handfull of sliced almonds
35g cane sugar
1 pinch of zinnamon
zest of a lemon
1 Tbsp butter, diced
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
You’ll need: Food Processor
- Attach food processor to Cooking Chef
- Place the flour, eggs and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the cold, diced butter to the flour and pulse a few times until dough comes together. Turn the dough onto a board and form into a disk. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced)
- For the filling, peel, core and cut the apples into thin slices.
- Toss the apples with the lemon zest, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the pastry into a 30-35cm circle on parchment paper.
- Arrange the apples on the dough, leaving 3 cm border.
- Crumble butter and almonds on the apples, and fold the border over the fruits to enclose the dough
- Bake Crostata for 25-30 minutes and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland