Ricotta Spinach Lasagna
250 g flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs (XL)
2 garlic cloves
700 g creamed spinach
250 g ricotta
50 g Parmesan, grated
50 g pine nuts
A pinch of nutmeg
1 tbsp butter
100g mozzarella, grated
Preparation: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Attachments: dough hook, pasta roller for lasagna, stirring tool
- Add the flour, salt, and eggs in the mixing bowl.
- Attach the dough hook to stand mixer, and knead the ingredients into a smooth dough. Form into a ball, wrap in cling film and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Attach the pasta roller to stand mixer. Sprinkle dough with flour, and with a sharp knife cut the pasta into 2-3 equal pieces. Lightly roll it with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape.
- Set the Pasta Roller to the widest setting, moving up through the numbers on the side of the roller, and using a low speed, feed the pasta through it several times, until the pasta is smooth.
- Reduce the thickness of the roller by 1, and feed the pasta through again. Continue to reduce the thickness until the required thickness has been achieved
- Attach the stirring tool to the machine, set the temperature to 120C
- Add butter, shallot, and garlic into the mixing bowl and cook until glassy
- Add the creamed spinach, pine nuts, ricotta and parmesan, season with salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish, then cover with pasta sheets.
- Spoon one-third of the spinach sauce into the dish, then cover with pasta sheets.
- Repeat until you have you have used up all the pasta and sauce.
- Scatter the mozzarella over the top and bake for 35 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland