Red Currants Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
100 g spelled flour
250 g all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
150 g cane sugar
½ pack of vanilla sugar
100 ml buttermilk
a pinch of salt
200 g redcurrants (plucked)
100 g redcurrants (plucked)
1 sheet of gelatine
80 g powdered sugar
200 g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
100 g butter
optional: a few drops of natural red food coloring
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
You’ll need: K-Beater, Hand blender
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cups (12 portions).
2. Preheat the oven to 175 C.
3. Attach K-beater to Cooking Chef, place butter, vanilla, sugar and cane sugar in the mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat well
5. Pour buttermilk into the mixture and mix well on level 2.
6. Add the spelled flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth
7. Turn off Cooking Chef and gently fold in currants
8. Using two tablespoons, spread the mixture into the 12 paper cups and bake muffins for about 18 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
9. For the cream, soak gelatin in cold water.
10. Puree the red currants with a hand blender, then filter the puree through a sieve and heat up in a small pan.
11. Dissolve gelatin in currant juice and allow to cool
12. Whip the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until creamy.
13. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the white cream and mix the redcurrants puree with the remaining cream. (You can add a few drops of red food coloring)
14. Spread the cupcakes with redcurrants cream and draw a Swiss cross using the white cream on the top.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland