Raspberry Cream Puffs
Ingredients for Choux pastry:
Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for raspberry cream
450ml Heavy cream
4-5 Tbsp Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
15g Raspberry powder
45g Corn starch
150ml Heavy cream
1-2 Tbsp Caster sugar
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
You’ll need: Flexi beater, Balloon whisk
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced
- Attach Flexi beater to the stand mixer, add butter, salt and water in the bowl.
- Set temperature to 120C, and melt butter.
- Increase speed to 3, add flour and stir until mixture leaves the and is in a ball
- Turn off heat and cool for a couple of minutes
- Attach ballon whisk and beat in eggs (one at a time) until mixture is smooth and velvety
- Spoon (walnut size) of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160C and bake for 20 minutes or until the profiteroles are puffed and golden.
- For the cream, mix eggyolk and corn strach in a small bowl until pale and fluffy
- Heat the heavy cream, raspberry powder and sugar in a pan.
- Pour the hot mixture onto the egg mixture, and keep whisking constantly to avoid curdling. Return to the pan and stir until thickened. Set aside to cool
- Spoon the filling in piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Cut pastry into half, and gently squeez the filling inside , add a dollop whipped cream and fresh raspberry.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland