150 g flour
75 g butter
¼ teaspoon salt
about 2-3 tablespoons of cold water
¼ tablespoon butter
75 g bacon
2 spring onions, chopped
75 g Gruyère, grated
400 ml heavy cream
salt and pepper
a pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
Prep.time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
You’ll need: Food processor, Stirring tool
- Blend the flour, butter, and salt in the Food Processor.
- Add cold water and knead into a smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the bacon.
- Attach the stirring tool to Cooking Chef, set the temperature to 120 ° C.
- Add the butter, bacon and spring onion to the mixing bowl and sauté for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix heavy cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface, place in a 22 cm diameter form and cut off the overlapping dough.
- Cover the dough with parchment paper and weigh it down with dried beans.
- Bake the dough “blind” for 15 minutes.
- Remove weight and parchment paper, mix the bacon and spring onion with the egg mixture and cheese and spoon it into the form.
- Bake the quiche for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland