Porcini Lasagna Pasta with Ricotta-Mushroom Sauce
Ingredients for pasta:
20g Porcini, dried, crumbled
1 tsp Salt
2 big Eggs (XL)
Ingredients for the Sauce:
2 parsnips, diced
1 big Onion, diced
4 Garlic, crushed
400g Champignons, diced
1 tsp Sage, dried
5 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive oil
50ml White wine
Ingredients for Bechamel:
50g Parmesan, shredded
150g Mozzarella, shredded
Pinch of nutmeg
Prep.time: 20 minutes plus 30 minutes rest
Cooking time Mushroom Sauce: 12 minutes
Cooking time Lasagne: 35 minutes
You’ll need: Dough hook, Stirring tool, Pasta roller
- Put the flour, salt, porcini and eggs into the bowl of the machine. Attach the dough hook and set the speed to 1-2 and knead for 2 minutes or until the dough comes together. Place the dough onto the work surface and knead until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and rest for 30 minutes.
- Attach the Flat Pasta Maker to the machine, and cut pasta into 2-3 equal pieces. Lightly roll it with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape.
- Set the Flat Pasta Roller to the widest setting, moving up through the numbers on the side of the roller, and using a low speed, feed the pasta through it several times, until the pasta is smooth.
- Reduce the thickness of the roller by 1, and feed the pasta through again. Continue to reduce the thickness until the required thickness has been achieved
- Attach the stirring tool to the machine, set temperature to 120C.
- Put butter, oil, garlic, onion and parsnips in the bowl, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add mushroom and wine, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter and sage and set the sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan, then add the flour. Stir continuously until a paste forms. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes
- Add the milk to the roux, stirring as you go, until you get a smooth sauce Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir grated parmesan in the béchamel. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish, then cover with pasta sheets.
- Spoon one third of the mushroom sauce into the dish, then cover with pasta sheets.
- Repeat until you have you have used up all the pasta and sauce. Cover with Bechamel sauce.
- Scatter the mozzarella over the top and bake for 35 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland