50g Pistachios, ground
1 Tsp Orange zest
1 Egg yolk
1-2 Tsp Rosewater
¼ tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp dried Rose petals, crunched
Egg white to brush cookies
Extra Rose petals and sugar to decorate
Prep.time:10 minutes plus cooling
Baking: ca 9-10 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor, and whizz a few times
- Knead dough together with your hands (don’t overwork it)
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, roll out to 2-3mm thick
- Using a cookie cutter cut out the desired forms.
- Brush cookies with egg white, sprinkle with sugar and decorate with extra rose petals
- Place cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 9-10 Minutes, until golden.
Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely