Mini Doughnuts with Marzipan Cream
Ingredients for dough:
20g Caster sugar
30g Butter, melted
1 Egg yolk
Half a package of dried yeast
25ml Disaronno liquor
Pinch of Salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for Marzipan filling:
2 Egg yolk
150ml Heavy cream
100g Marzipan, diced
2 Tbsp Corn starch
Prep.time: ca 1 hour 45 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 3 minutes each side
You’ll need: Dough hook
- Attach dough hook to the stand mixer. Add flour, dried yeast, buttermilk, caster sugar, salt, Disaronno liquor and egg yolk in the mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes at speed 2 until soft and fluffy.
- Cover bowl with a kitchen towel, and let dough rise to double (abou 1 hour)
- Divide dough into 8-10 balls, cover with kitchen towel and place in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until they have doubled in size.
- Remove any attachment from stand mixer.
- Pour vegetable oil in the mixing bowl, and set the temperature to 180C.
- Gently lower the dough balls one at a time into the hot oil, in batches of two or three, and fry for ca 3 minutes or until golden-brown on both sides.
- Remove doughnuts from the hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the filling, whisk the corn starch and egg yolks in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Heat the heavy cream and marzipan in a pan until marzipan melted. Pour the hot mixture onto the egg mixture, and keep whisking constantly to avoid curdling. Return to the pan and stir until thickened. Set aside to cool
- Spoon the filling in piping bag fitted with a round tip, insert the tip of the piping bag into the doughnut, gently squeezing the filling inside.
- Sprinkle doughnuts with caster sugar before serving.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland