Meatballs in Pita
Meatballs with squash
150g Winter squash, diced
250g Pork, minced
1 Shallot, diced
1 Garlic, minced
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
½ tsp Cumin, ground
½ tsp smoked Paprika
1 tsp Parsley, dried
6 tbsp Bread crumbs
4 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and garlic. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened
- Place mince, cooked squash, breadcrumbs, egg, spices, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix until combined. Using wet hands shape them into small balls.
- Heat up the remaining olive oil in a pan, and bake meatballs until through.
- Serve them in pita bread with lettuce, tzatziki and hot sauce.
220g Wheat flour
30g Buckwheat flour
150ml lukewarm Water
1 tbsp Olive oil
15g fresh Yeast
1 tsp Salt
Pinch of sugar
- Combine yeast and sugar in a small bowl, then add lukewarm water. Whisk to dissolve yeast, cover and let it stand in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until frothy.
- Add both flours and salt into a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and olive oil. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Form dough into a ball, cover and let it sit in a warm place for ca 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 230-250C (fan forced).
- Divide into 4 portions, form them into balls, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a thin disc (ca half a centimeter thick). Cover, and let sit for 5 minutes
- Place a baking tray in the oven until hot. Throw 1 disc on the hot tray. Bake until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve with meatballs with squash, or any kind of meat or veggies.
1 Cucumber, grated
1-2 Garlic, minced
500ml Greek-style Yogurt
1. Combine yogurt, grated cucumber, and garlic in a bowl. Refrigerate until required.
This is not just a typical popsicle, but more like a dessert. I love the taste of coconut, especially mixed with mango and passion fruit. Not only does it taste heavenly, it is also a very healthy treat.
During the hot summer days, I can not eat anything warm for lunch. I rather whip up something cold like this gazpacho, served with Naan bread.
Ingredients: Approximately 500 g plums (150 ml plum juice) 2 sheets of gelatine 1 tablespoon caster sugar 400 ml heavy cream 50 g Greek yogurt 50 g caster sugar 2 sheets of gelatine zest of a lemon pinch of cinnamon Prep.time: 20 minutes Cooling...
Ingredients: 10 peaches Juice of a lemon 700 ml Prosecco Plus fresh peaches for decorating Prep.time: 10 minutes Cooling time: overnight You'll need: Juicer 1. Halve peaches and remove stones 2. Attach juicer to Cooking Chef, add lemon juice to container and...
I know the best way to celebrate the international beer day. Bake an unforgettable, juicy and soft Guinness cake. I am sure that even those who do not like beer will fall in love with this cake.
Ingredients (makes one 24cm pie): 550 g flour 210 ml water 180 g duck fat 1 egg to brush Filling: 350 g chicken breast, cut into small pieces 3 spring onions, chopped small 50 g bacon, cut into small pieces 1 tablespoon of olive oil 80 g peas...
Ingredients (about 4 small or one 20cm baking tin): 240 g flour 125 g butter ½ pack of vanilla sugar 1 lemon zest 1 egg Filling: 50 g white almond paste 1 tablespoon of milk 200 g blackberries and blueberries mixed 1 tablespoon caster sugar ½...
Ingredients: 100 g spelled flour 250 g all purpose flour ½ teaspoon baking soda 150 g cane sugar ½ pack of vanilla sugar 100 ml buttermilk 3 eggs a pinch of salt 200 g redcurrants (plucked) Cream: 100 g redcurrants (plucked) 1 sheet of gelatine...
Ingredients: 4 egg yolk 120 ml lemon juice Zest of a lemon 150 g caster sugar 180g butter 3-4 fresh Thyme Prep.time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes You'll need: Flexi Beater 1. Attach Flexi Beater to Cooking Chef. 2. Add the caster...
This is a very aromatic Greek dish made with raisins and seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg. Now that the warm weather is here, it will be a perfect meal for a barbecue party.