Meatballs in Pita
Meatballs with squash
150g Winter squash, diced
250g Pork, minced
1 Shallot, diced
1 Garlic, minced
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
½ tsp Cumin, ground
½ tsp smoked Paprika
1 tsp Parsley, dried
6 tbsp Bread crumbs
4 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and garlic. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened
- Place mince, cooked squash, breadcrumbs, egg, spices, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix until combined. Using wet hands shape them into small balls.
- Heat up the remaining olive oil in a pan, and bake meatballs until through.
- Serve them in pita bread with lettuce, tzatziki and hot sauce.
220g Wheat flour
30g Buckwheat flour
150ml lukewarm Water
1 tbsp Olive oil
15g fresh Yeast
1 tsp Salt
Pinch of sugar
- Combine yeast and sugar in a small bowl, then add lukewarm water. Whisk to dissolve yeast, cover and let it stand in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until frothy.
- Add both flours and salt into a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and olive oil. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Form dough into a ball, cover and let it sit in a warm place for ca 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 230-250C (fan forced).
- Divide into 4 portions, form them into balls, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a thin disc (ca half a centimeter thick). Cover, and let sit for 5 minutes
- Place a baking tray in the oven until hot. Throw 1 disc on the hot tray. Bake until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve with meatballs with squash, or any kind of meat or veggies.
1 Cucumber, grated
1-2 Garlic, minced
500ml Greek-style Yogurt
1. Combine yogurt, grated cucumber, and garlic in a bowl. Refrigerate until required.
Gluten Free Flour mix 150 g potato starch 150 g millet flour 100 g whole meal rice flour 80 g buckwheat flour Poolish 120 g GF flour mix 120 g water 4 g fresh yeast Main dough Poolish 360 g GF flour mix 15 g fresh yeast 30 g Psyllium Husk...
Before the baking begins, you have to Build a Gluten Free Sourdough Starter It takes about 7 days to complete. DAY 1: In a jar, whisk 5 g whole rice flour with 5 g brown millet flour and 10 g mineral water. Cover and set aside at room...
Gluten free flour mix 120 g corn starch 180 g wholemeal rice flour 150 g millet 25 g psyllium husk 10 g xanthan gum Ingredients 370 g milk 30 g fresh yeast 110 g granulated sugar 150 g soft butter 1 egg 2 egg yolks pinch of salt zest of a lemon...
Gluten free flour mix 100 g wholemeal rice flour 75 g buckwheat flour 50 g ground almonds 75 g corn starch 5 g psyllium husk Ingredients 1 tbsp gingerbread spice 1/2 tsp baking soda 60 g cane sugar 140 g honey 80 g butter, melted A pinch of salt...
Gluten Free Flour Mix 80 g potato starch 80 g brown millet flour 80 g wholemeal rice flour 40 g buckwheat flour 5 g psyllium husk Ingredients 135 g honey 110 g cane sugar 180 g water 90 g unsalted butter 1 egg yolk 1 Tbsp Gingerbread spice mix...
Ingredients: for the dough 300 g flour 200 g cold butter, cut into cubes 80 g Greek yogurt 1 tsp cane sugar or muscovado sugar 1 tsp salt freshly ground 6-8 cardamom pods 1 tsp lemon zest 1 egg, for wash cane sugar, for sprinkling for the...
Ingredients (20 cm baking pan) Dough: 200 g oat flour 1 1/2 tsp Nigella seeds 80 g Butter ca. 25 ml cold water 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar 1 tsp salt Filling: 200 g fresh goat cheese (or Ricotta) 1 small onion 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 eggs...
This amazingly light and airy cake is the perfect sweet for Mother’s Day. The cake inside is pure white, so it got the name “angel”. Decorate it with cream and lots of fresh berries.
I couldn’t imagine a better Easter brunch, than hash browns with eggs. The crispy potatoes and runny eggs are the perfect combination. The kids love it too because it looks like a muffin. A tip: Serve it hot!
These spring rolls are simply prepared, full of fresh vegetables. It is amazingly flavourful and surprisingly filling. Not to mention that they are definitely low carb.