Meatballs in Pita
Meatballs with squash
150g Winter squash, diced
250g Pork, minced
1 Shallot, diced
1 Garlic, minced
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
½ tsp Cumin, ground
½ tsp smoked Paprika
1 tsp Parsley, dried
6 tbsp Bread crumbs
4 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and garlic. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened
- Place mince, cooked squash, breadcrumbs, egg, spices, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix until combined. Using wet hands shape them into small balls.
- Heat up the remaining olive oil in a pan, and bake meatballs until through.
- Serve them in pita bread with lettuce, tzatziki and hot sauce.
220g Wheat flour
30g Buckwheat flour
150ml lukewarm Water
1 tbsp Olive oil
15g fresh Yeast
1 tsp Salt
Pinch of sugar
- Combine yeast and sugar in a small bowl, then add lukewarm water. Whisk to dissolve yeast, cover and let it stand in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until frothy.
- Add both flours and salt into a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture and olive oil. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Form dough into a ball, cover and let it sit in a warm place for ca 60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 230-250C (fan forced).
- Divide into 4 portions, form them into balls, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each portion into a thin disc (ca half a centimeter thick). Cover, and let sit for 5 minutes
- Place a baking tray in the oven until hot. Throw 1 disc on the hot tray. Bake until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve with meatballs with squash, or any kind of meat or veggies.
1 Cucumber, grated
1-2 Garlic, minced
500ml Greek-style Yogurt
1. Combine yogurt, grated cucumber, and garlic in a bowl. Refrigerate until required.
I think in my previous life I was a fine Englishwoman. I love tea and I drink it from morning until late in the evening, so this chai tea cake is exactly my kind of sweet bake.
I have often mentioned how much I like pumpkins. One of the most beautiful pumpkins is the spaghetti squash. It is a perfect carbohydrate alternative to pasta and I like it especially with spicy greek yogurt and falafel.
Brownies and Christmas spices are a match made in heaven. This is definitely not the typical gingerbread cake for the holiday season, but definitely, something that nobody is going to forget. It is the most amazing, chewy brownie that ever left my oven.
It’s the 6th of December, Santa is coming to town! He already passed by our house and left a goodie bag with lots of chocolate and peanut, and this super cute Grittibänz. It doesn’t just look good, it also tastes excellent .. with a glass of milk , or for me with a glass of steaming hot espresso.
When cookies, then please give me peanut butter cookies. I’m a big fan of peanut butter since I first tried it at my American host family. It was love at first bite. Cranberry and a glass of milk make it even more irresistible.
For the dough: 420 g flour 100 g butter, soft 20 g yeast 4 egg yolks 120 g sugar 1 pack vanilla sugar ca. 80 ml milk, lukewarm 1 tablespoon rum ½ tablespoon lemon zest ½ tablespoon orange zest A pinch of salt 1 egg yolk and ½ tablespoon of...
Sauerkraut layer: 800 g sauerkraut 2 onions 1 garlic clove 2 bay leaves 150 g smoked bacon 1 tablespoon paprika powder salt 2 tablespoons oil ca. 700 ml of water or vegetable stock Meatballs: 500 g pork 1 big onion 2 garlic cloves 1 egg 150 g...
The way to the heart of a man is through his stomach. That’s true, but I’m sure the easiest way to win a man’s heart is to serve him a comforting beef ragout with red wine!!
Happy Birthday, Mickey! Thanks for all the peaceful hours you gave me while my daughter watched you on TV. I hope you like a good chocolate cake filled with amazing chocolate cream and redcurrant jelly!
Ingredients: 1 kg pork 300 g lardo 8-10 cloves garlic 10 g smoked paprika, ground 5 g chili, ground 1 tablespoon caraway, ground 1.5 tablespoons salt about 3.5-4 meters sausage casing (from the butcher) Prep.time: 30 minutes Cooking time: ca. 20...