Lussekatter with Marzipan
200 ml buttermilk
65 g butter
55 g caster sugar
3x 0.125 g saffron, ground
7 g dry yeast
1 tsp cardamom, ground
Raisins to decorate
250 g marzipan
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Prep.time: 2 hours
Baking time: ca.12 minutes
You’ll need: dough hook
1. Bring milk, butter, caster sugar, cardamom, and saffron to a boil and let it cool back to room temperature
2. Add the yeast to the lukewarm milk mixture and stir until dissolved
3. Add the flour and salt to the mixing bowl and pour the yeast-milk mixture over it
4. Use the dough hook to knead a smooth dough.
5. Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it a warm place for 60 minutes until doubled in size.
6. Knead the dough on the floured work surface and roll it out
7. Knead the marzipan with cinnamon, roll out to ca. half of the size of the dough
8. Place marzipan on one half of the dough, fold over the other half and roll out again to a thin rectangle
9. Cut the dough into 20 stripes Form each of the rolls into an “S”.
10. Place them on a baking tray, cover with a clean kitchen cloth and leave for another 30 minutes to rise.
11. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
12. Brush the Lussekatter with egg wash and press the raisins in the middle of the spirals.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland