Kataifi – The Sweetest Greek Dessert
240 g Filo dough
200 g tree nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
a pinch of cloves
160 g butter, melted
1 lemon zest
220 g water
300 g sugar
a pinch of cinnamon
You’ll need: Spaghetti cutter, Food Processor
- Boil the water, sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest in a saucepan and simmer for about 10-12 minutes over medium heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool.
- Chop the nuts, cinnamon, cloves with the food processor.
- Attach the spaghetti cutter attachment to the Cooking Chef and cut the Filo dough.
- Cover the Filo dough strips with a damp cloth for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- Divide the Filo strips into 10-12 portions
- Spread one portion of the dough on the work surface, drizzle with melted butter and add 1-2 teaspoons of stuffing to the end of the dough.
- Roll up the dough and fold the sides.
- Put the Kataifi in the baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and the filling.
- Bake Kataifi for about 30 minutes until they are browned and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately pour the cooled syrup over the Kataifi.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland