Hungarian Chimney Cake
2 egg yolk
- 300ml milk
pinch of salt
100g butter, melted (to brush)
Prep.time: 80 minutes
Cooking time:10-12 minutes
You’ll need: Dough Hook
- Halve 3 cardboard rolls of household paper and cover with aluminum foil.
- Mix the yeast with 40g sugar and lukewarm milk and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Insert the dough hook, add the flour, eggs, egg yolk, and salt to the mixing bowl and pour in the yeast-milk.
- Knead the ingredients for approx. 10 minutes into an elastic dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film and leave for 60 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C grill.
- Roll out the dough on the floured work surface to approx.1 cm thick
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 2cm wide strips.
- Grease the cardboard roll with melted butter.
- Wrap the strips of dough overlapping the greased aluminum casters and squeeze the ends together.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon all around.
- Place the dough rolls on a tray covered with baking paper and bake in the middle rack for 3-4 minutes then turn so that the dough is evenly browned from all sides.
- Remove the chimney cake from the oven and allow to cool briefly, then remove the aluminum rollers. Repeat the above steps for the rest of the dough.
- If you like, you can sprinkle the pastry again with the cinnamon-sugar.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland