Honey – Black Salt Ice Cream
500 ml heavy cream
100 g honey
4 egg yolk
30 g caster sugar
zest of a lemon
2-3 tsp black salt
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooling time: min 1 hour
You’ll need: Ice Cream Maker, Baloon Whisk
You’ll need to start the recipe a day ahead!
- Place the cooling container of the ice cream maker attachment in the freezer 24 hours before use.
- Attach balloon whisk. Add the egg yolk and sugar to the mixing bowl of the Cooking Chef. Whisk until creamy. Pour the cream in a bowl and set aside.
- Add heavy cream, lemon zest, and honey in a mixing bowl, set temperature at 100C, and whisk on low speed until it reached the 100C.
- Reduce temperature to 80 C.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the mixing bowl stirring continuously, until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container and allow to cool for at least an hour, better overnight.
- Attach the Ice Cream Maker to the Cooking Chef. On low speed, pour the custard into the container of the ice cream maker and let it freeze for about 15 minutes. Serve ice cream with extra honey and black salt.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland