Home Made Sausages with Smoked Paprika
1 kg pork
300 g lardo
8-10 cloves garlic
10 g smoked paprika, ground
5 g chili, ground
1 tablespoon caraway, ground
1.5 tablespoons salt
about 3.5-4 meters sausage casing (from the butcher)
Prep.time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 20 minutes
You’ll need: Meat Grinder, Sausage Filler
- Cut the meat and lardo into small cubes.
- Fit the coarse screen to the Mincer and mince the beef and lardo
- Combine the minced meat with the spices.
- Replace the screen and cutting blade with the Sausage Filler. Dampen the end of the nozzle and slip on the sausage casing.
- Feed the sausage filling into the Mincer and through the Filler. Once all the filling has been used, twist the casing to make individual sausages.
- Bake the sausages in the oven, and serve with fresh bread and mustard.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland