Ingredients (22 cm springform)
280 g flour
280 g Muscovado sugar
200 g butter, soft
40 g cocoa powder, unsweetened
80 g sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
150 ml Guinness (or other Strout)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
200 g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
100 g butter, soft
150 g caster sugar
40 g cocoa powder
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55-60 minutes
You’ll need: K-Beater
1. Grease a springform pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
3. Attach K-Beater to Cooking Chef.
4. Add soft butter, Muscovado sugar to the mixing bowl and stir until frothy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
6. Add Sour cream, vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
7. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and finally pour Guinness into the smooth batter. Pour the batter into the springform and bake for about 55-60 minutes.
8. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
9. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and cocoa powder, until creamy and serve with the cake.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland