Gravlax in Beetroot Marinade with Knäckebröd
1 kg Salmon Fillet
80 g salt
40 g sugar
50 g horseradish
1 large or 2 small beetroot
1 bunch of dill, fresh
Zest of a lemon
250 g flour
200 g rye flour
ca. 10 g salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
100 ml oil
ca. 300-350 ml of water
Egg white, sesame seeds, linseeds, fennel seeds or coarse salt to sprinkle
Prep.time: 30 minutes and 1 day
Baking time: ca. 12 minutes
You’ll need: food processor
1. Mix salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Finely grate fresh horseradish and beetroot.
3. Chop the dill and add all the ingredients in the bowl.
4. Place the salmon fillet in an airtight container, spread the mixture of margins, seal the container and leave to marinate in the fridge for about a day
5. Cut the salmon into thin slices with a sharp knife and serve with crackers.
6. For Knäckebröd, put both types of flour, salt and baking soda in the Food Processor.
7. Add oil and water and knead into a smooth dough.
8. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
10. Roll out the dough as thin as you can.
11. Cut the dough into portions and place on baking sheet, brush the top with egg whites and sprinkle with either sesame, fennel, linseed or salt.
12. Bake the Knäckebröd for ca. 12-15 minutes.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland