Goat Cheese – Bacon Biscuits (Pogácsa)
100g sour cream
2 egg yolk
42g fresh yeast
1 pich caster sugar
100ml Milk, lukewarm
250g fresh goat cheese
2 tsp salt
150g cheese (like Gruyere), shredded
1 egg for brushing the dough
Prep.time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
You’ll need: Dough hook
- In a large bowl, combine milk, yeast and sugar and let stand until yeast is foamy, about 15 minutes. In the meantime bake bacon, and cut it into small pieces.
- Attach dough hook to Cooking Chef.
- Add flour, yeast mixture, salt, egg yolk, sour cream, goat cheese, bacon and butter in the mixing bowl, and knead on medium speed for 5-8 minutes.
- Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise for 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Roll dough 1 ½ cm thick on a lightly floured surface. cut out rounds with a 3-4 cm cutter
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Place circles on a baking sheet, brush top with egg yolk. sprinkle cheese on top, and let rise for another 15-20 minutes.
- Bake biscuits (pogácsa) for 15 minutes or until golden.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland