Fish Pie in Parmesan Crust
For the crust:
100g Potatoes, cooked
25g Parmesan, grated
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp Olive oil
250g Salmon, skinless
80g Mackerels, smoked
2 Spring onion, diced
1 Tbsp Butter
ca 250ml Milk
1 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Dill
1 tsp lemonzest
Salt and Pepper
For mashed potatoes:
1 Tbsp Butter
ca 100ml Milk
Pinch of Salt
Prep.time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 40 minutes
You’ll need: Food Processor, Stirring tool
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Add flour, cooked potatoes, butter, salt, grated parmesan and egg in the food processor. Blend until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in cling film, and put it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit 4 small, or one big pie dish or tart form.
- Cover pastry with parchement paper, fill up with ceramic baking beans, bake for 10 minutes and set aside. (large tart form: ca 15-18 minutes)
- Cook potatoes for 20 mintutes until soft.
- Add butter and Milk and mash potatoes.
- Cut the salmon and mackerel in bite size chunks.
- Attach stirring tool to Cooking Chef.
- Add olive oil, fish and shrimps in the bowl, and cook for 2-3 minutes on 120C.
- Remove fish from the bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, mustard, lemonzest, spring onion and dill in the bowl and cook for 2-3 minutes on 120C until thickened.
- Reduce temperature to 100C.
- Stir in flour, milk, salt and pepper.
- Carefully mix fish with the Bechamel and spoon into prepared parmesan crust, and top it with mashed potatoes.
- Set oven to grill and bake pie for 5 minutes or until golden.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland