The Finest Chai Tea Cake
300 ml of milk
3 tablespoons chai blend with ginger and elderberry (I bought it in Ikea, it tastes amazing)
350 g flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
220 g cane sugar
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
150 g butter, soft
175 ml reduced chai milk
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Baking time: ca. 30-40 minutes
- Boil milk and Chai Blend in a saucepan, reduce to 175 ml of liquid, allow to stand for about 15 minutes and sieve.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Attach K-Beater to stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, and blend well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and a pinch of salt in the mixing bowl and stir in the reduced chai tea.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan (2x 18 cm or 1x 24 cm) and bake for ca. 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cardamom infused caster sugar.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland