Pastry for 24-26 cm baking tin:
230 g flour
120 g cold butter
2 small eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1-2 fennel, thinly sliced
1 handfull of spinach
50g bacon, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
80 g Cheddar, grated
250 ml heavy cream
1 Tbsp olive oil
Prep.time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
You’ll need: Food Processor, Stirring tool
- Attach Food Processor, add flour, salt and eggs and mix roughly on low speed
- Add the butter to the flour in small cubes and whizz it until it comes together
- Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface slightly larger than the tin. Gently push the pastry into the corners of the tin.
- Line the dough with parchment paper and fill with ceramic beans (or dried beans).
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven at 180C for 12 minutes until the crust is golden
- For the filling, attach the stirring tool to the Cooking Chef. Add the olive oil, bacon, garlic, onion, spinach, and fennel to the mixing bowl. Set temperature to 100C and briefly cook the vegetables.
- Whisk the cheddar and the eggs in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and stir in the cream.
- Scatter the vegetables on the pre-baked dough, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake for 20 minutes in the middle of the preheated oven until the surface is evenly browned
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland