Dutch Baby with Strawberry Compote
160 ml milk
70 g flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbsp butter
zest of a lemon
a pinch of salt
double cream and caster sugar to serve
3-4 Tbsp maple syrup
Prep.time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18-20 minutes
You’ll need: Balloon Whisk
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C
- Place oven-proof pan in the oven.
- Attach balloon whisk to Cooking Chef.
- Add the milk, eggs, salt, and flour to the mixing bowl and mix at medium speed.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from oven and melt the butter in it. Swirl the butter around the pan to coat completely
- Pour batter into the pan and cook until the pancake is puffed in the center and golden brown along the edges ca.18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and quarter.
- Put the strawberries in a saucepan with maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Once the Dutch Baby is puffed, remove the pan from the oven and serve pancake with double cream and strawberry sauce while hot.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland