Duck Liver Mousse
400g Duck liver (ca 1 piece)
1 Tbsp Duck fat or Butter
1 Shallot, diced
1 Garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh Thyme
1 tsp fresh Chive
1 Tbsp Malaga wine
2 tablespoons of duck fat to cover the mousse
Prep.time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: ca. 15 Minutes
You’ll need: Flexi beater
- Clean and prepare duck liver, cut out the veins and fat, and cut liver into cubes
- Add duck fat or butter, shallot and garlic in the bowl of the stand mixer.
- Attach flexi-beater and at 120C saute for 1 minute.
- Add the duck liver, chopped thyme and chive to the onion and cook it for another 4 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste.
- Take liver off the heat, transfer it to a blender, splash it with Malaga wine and blend until smooth.
- Fill the mousse into cups or glasses, top it with melted duck fat and refrigerate for a few hours.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland