Dried Tomato Pesto Swirled Rolls
Ingredients (makes 12-14)
For the dough:
250 g spelled flour
60 g olive oil
75 ml water, lukewarm
100 g ricotta
½ pack dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1 pinch of sugar
For the filling:
80 g dried cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
4 tablespoons olive oil
40 g parmesan, finely grated
a pinch of salt
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Cooling time: overnight
Baking time: 15 minutes
You’ll need: Dough hook, Spice and herb chopper
1. Drain the dried tomatoes. Pick the basil leaves.
2. Blend the dried tomatoes with pine nuts, basil, garlic and olive oil in the spice chopper, then mix in grated parmesan. (In 2 portions)
3. Mix sugar and yeast with lukewarm water. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Attach dough hook. Mix the flour and salt in the mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture, ricotta, and olive oil and knead into a smooth dough.
5. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
6. In the morning, roll out the dough into a thin square (ca. 5mm thick).
7. Preheat oven to 180 C.
7. Spread the pesto over the dough, and roll the dough up from one of the longer sides, into a long sausage.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12-14 even pieces.
10.Transfer rolls to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
11. Cool rolls on a wire rack.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland