Creamy Split Pea Soup with Wild Boar Ham
250g dried yellow Split Pea
3 Garlic Cloves
¼ of a Celeriac
1-2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Cumin, ground
1 Bay leaf
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
700ml Vegetable or Wild Stock
Wild Boar Ham
- Pour the split peas in a bowl, and soak them in cold water overnight.
- Heat up olive oil in a pot, and sautee onion, garlic, celeriac and carrots.
- Rinse split peas, add them to the vegetables and fill them up with vegetable or wild stock.
- Season with cayenne pepper, cumin, bay leaf and salt.
- Cover the pot, and simmer for 35 Minutes or until tender.
- Discard bay leaf, and transfer soup to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adjust seasoning if needed.
- Heat up a frying pan, and bake wild boar ham until crisp.
- Serve soup warm, topped with crispy ham and fresh bread.