Colomba di Pasqua
125ml Milk, lukewarm
1 package dried Yeast (7g)
100g Almond flour
1 Egg yolk
120g Butter, soft
Zest of a Mandarin or Orange
Zest of a Lemon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g Candied lemon peel
30g Almond flour
30g Caster sugar
2 Tbsp Corn starch
1 Egg white
ca.15 Almonds, whole
1-2 Tbsp Decorating sugar
Prep.time: ca 12 hours
Baking time: 45-50 minutes
You’ll need: Dough hook
- For the sponge, in a small bowl, mix yeast with milk and flour.
- Cover with cling film and let sit at room temperature for 8-10 hours.
- Attach dough hook to the Cooking Chef. Add sponge, flour, almond flour, egg, egg yolk, sugar, lemon and orange zest, vanilla extract, raisin, candied lemon peel and orangeat in the bowl and knead for 2-3 minutes on low seed.
- Add butter to the dough and knead the dough for 10 more minutes on medium speed.
- Cover bowl with cling film and let dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Butter a 25cm long loaf pan, and place the dough into the form.
- Cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced)
- For the almond glaze, mix almond flour, egg white, corn starch and caster sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread the glaze over the dough, sprinkle the top with decorating sugar and whole almonds.
- Bake cake for 45-50 minutes.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland