4 eggs, separated
120 g caster sugar
4 gelatine leaves
2-3 tablespoons of instant coffee
80 ml milk, hot
200 ml heavy cream
Double cream for serving
Prep.time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 25 minutes
You’ll need: Balloon whisk
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
- Attach balloon whisk to stand mixer, and add the egg yolks and sugar in the mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
- In a bowl, mix instant coffee with hot milk and dissolve the gelatin in it.
- Whisk the coffee mixture with the yolk and allow to cool.
- Fold in egg whites with coffee cream.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff and carefully fold it to the cream.
- Divide the mousse into small coffee cups and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with double cream.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland