Churros Cookies with Caramel-Cream Cheese Filling
Ingredients for Churros:
1 tsp Vanilla sugar
Pinch of Salt
80g Caster sugar
Ingredients for Caramel-Cream Cheese Filling:
100g Cane sugar
50 ml Heavy cream
Pinch of Salt
125g Philadelphia cream cheese
Prep.time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes (Churros), 15 minutes (Caramel-Cream Cheese filling)
You’ll need: K-Beater, Baloon Whisk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together the water and butter.
- Stir in the flour, vanilla sugar, caster sugar and salt, mixing with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball and all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Attach K-Beater to the stand mixer, transfer dough into mixing bowl, and at speed 2 add eggs one by one, and mix until fully incorporated
- Heat up oil in a heavy bottom saucepan
- Transfer the dough into piping bag g fitted with a medium star tip.
- Squeeze dough forming a snail on a floured parchment paper.
- Fry the churros snails, turning them once, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked churros to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- For the filling, add sugar and heavy cream in the mixing bowl, set temperature at 140C, and without attachment cook caramel for ca 15 minutes.
- Turn off cooking mode, and stir in butter and salt. Set aside caramel to cool completely
- Attach balloon whisk, and whisk together cream cheese and caramel.
- Place a spoonful of caramel cream on the underside of a cookie and sandwich together with another cookie.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland