Chocolate – Kirsch Macaron
100g caster sugar
100g almond flour
150g dark chocolate (80%)
2 Tbsp cream
Prep.time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 18-20 minutes
You’ll need: Balloon whisk
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Attach balloon whisk to Cooking Chef.
- Beat 40 g egg whites with 25 g of sugar until it soft peaks form.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Bring 100g sugar with 35g water to boil. When it reached 110°C remove from the heat and add it to the beaten egg whites in a thin stream while beating constantly.
- Continue to process the egg whites until the meringue cools down
- Stir the remaining egg whites (unbeaten) to the sieved almond-icing sugar mixture. Pipe macarons onto a silicon or a baking paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake macarons for 18-20 minutes.
- For the filling, break the chocolate and place in a bowl together with butter and cream.
- Melt chocolate over a water bath, add the Kirsch, stir until smooth and allow the chocolate to cool for about 20-25 minutes.
- Fill filling in a piping bag. Turn half of the macarons, dab with the filling and put the other half on top.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland