Ingredients (makes one 24cm pie):
550 g flour
210 ml water
180 g duck fat
1 egg to brush
350 g chicken breast, cut into small pieces
3 spring onions, chopped small
50 g bacon, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of olive oil
80 g peas
1 tablespoon flour
25 g butter
125 ml milk
50 g Gruyere cheese
a little salt and pepper
Prep.time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 25 minutes
You’ll need: Stirring tool
- Attach the stirring tool to Cooking Chef.
- Set the temperature to 60C.
- Add the olive oil to the mixing bowl and heat up.
- Cook the spring onion and bacon for a few minutes, then add the chicken breast and peas and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, melt the butter into a pan, sprinkle with flour and simmer while stirring. Add milk while stirring and bring to a boil. Fold in Gruyere.
- Mix the bechamel sauce with the meat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C circulating air.
- For the pastry, heat up the duck fat and water in a small saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour. Stir until it forms a ball.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly then knead well.
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry on a lightly floured surface, so that it is big enough to cover the pie tin. Trim the edges with a knife.
- Pour the filling over the pastry.
- Roll out the remaining dough to the size of the dish to cover the filling and press well on the edge.
- Brush the top with egg wash and bake for about 25 minutes.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland