100g Chocolate (min 80%)
100g Chestnut Puree
50g Chestnut Puree for the filling
2-3 Tbsp melted Butter
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Sour Cherry Sauce:
130g Sour Cherry Preserve
100ml Sour Cherry Juice
100ml dark Rum
- To make the cherry sauce, place the sour cherry juice, sour cherry preserve and rum in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Cook, stirring for 10-15 Minutes until liquid is somewhat reduced and thickened.
- Stir in butter, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Brush 8 Dariole moulds with the melted butter then add cocoa powder to coat the butter. Tap any excess cocoa back into the jar.
- Divide 50g chestnut puree to eight small balls.
- Place chocolate, 100g chestnut puree, sugar and butter in a small heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, until melted and smooth and cool to room temperature.
- One by one beat in eggs, and using a spoon, fold in sifted flour until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared moulds, and add a chestnut puree ball in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. and bake fondant for 12 minutes or until just set. Run a flat bladed knife carefully around the edge of each mould and carefully turn onto each serving plate.
- Dust fondants with extra cocoa and serve with sour cherry sauce.