Cherry-Almond / Pear-Walnut Biscotti
50g Caster sugar
25g Honey (ca 1 Tbsp)
½ tsp Lemon zest
120g dried Cherries (or Pear)
200g whole Almonds (or Walnut)
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
50ml Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150C, fan forced and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl. Stir in the egg, olive oil, honey, salt and lemon zest.
- Roughly chop the almonds (or walnut) and dried cherries (or pears) and add them to the biscotti dough until they are evenly incorporated.
- Roll the dough into a long log, about 3cm in diameter. Place the log on the baking tray, and bake it for 40-45 minutes.
- Take the log out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes to allow the dough to firm up slightly
- With a sharp knife, cut the log, on the diagonal, into 1-2 cm thick slices.
- Place the slices back on the baking tray, reduce the temperature to 125C, and bake them for another 35-40 minutes, or until the biscotti are dry through to the center, turning them over halfway through.
- Once they are done, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely