Cheesy Squash Strudel
12 sheets of Filo pastry
Olive oil to brush
250g Winter squash, diced
1 medium Shallot, diced
50g Roquefort, crumbled
50g Pecorino Romano, grated
3-4 fresh Thyme sprigs
5-6 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and thyme sprigs. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, Roquefort, Pecorino Romano and eggs. Stir in the cooked squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one of the filo sheets on the working surface. Brush with olive oil then place another filo sheet on top and brush again with olive oil. Repeat to use up half of the filo sheets (6).
- Pour half of the mixture in the middle of the filo pastry, and arrange it down lengthwise
- Fold the two short edges on the top of the mixture, then roll up the pastry lengthwise
- Repeat the process with the remaining half.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil, and bake the strudel for 18-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Ingredients: 204 g canned artichoke hearts 100 g Feta 100 g Philadelphia 1 garlic clove lemon zest 2 tsp lemon juice ½ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper fresh parsley to decorate Prep.time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 0 minutes You’ll need: Food Processor...read more
Ingredients: 500g green peas 2 Tbs vegetable oil 1 onion, whole 2 garlic cloves, whole 1 tsp sweet paprika 200ml milk 2-3 Tbsp flour 1,5 tsp sugar 1 tsp salt 1-2 Tbsp chopped dill Prep.time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes You’ll need:...read more
Ingredients: 500g flour 2 eggs 2 egg yolk 40g sugar 300ml milk 25g yeast pinch of salt 100g butter, melted (to brush) cinnamon sugar Prep.time: 80 minutes Cooking time:10-12 minutes You’ll need: Dough Hook Halve 3 cardboard rolls of...read more
Ingredients: 2 Zucchini 1 canned tomato sauce 80g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia) 2-3 garlic cloves 1 Tbsp olive oil 1 pinch of salt 1 tsp dried oregano or basil Prep.time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 8 minutes You’ll need: Spiralizer, Stirring Tool...read more
Ingredients (makes ca.12): 180g flour 30g cocoa powder, unsweetend 180g sugar 4 eggs 150g butter 2 Tbsp sour cream ½ tsp baking powder Pinch of baking soda 1 tsp vanilla extract Chocolate frosting: 250g double cream 3-4 Tbsp cocoa powder,...read more
Ingredients 500g ’00’ flour 50ml olive oil ca 275ml water, lukewarm 1 Pack (7g) dried yeast 2 tsp salt Sauce: 1 can of tomato sauce 1 tsp oregano or basil, dried 2-3 garlic cloves 1 Tbsp olive oil pinch of salt Optional:Salami,...read more
Ingredients (18cm) 100g flour 50g almond meal 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 egg yolk 3 egg whites 80g butter 40g Stevia (or75-80g sugar) 100g strawberry pulp 1 tsp vanilla extract ½ tsp cinnamon, ground ½ lemon zest Prep.time: 15 minutes Cooling time:...read more
Ingredients 250g raspberry (ca.125ml raspberry juice) 1 tsp lemon juice 6 leaves of gelatin ca.50ml water 1-2 Tbsp honey Prep.time: 10 minutes Cooling time: 1-2 hours You’ll need: Berry Press Attach berry press on the Cooking Chef. Put...read more
Ingredients (18-20cm) 100g flour 4 egg yolk 4 egg whites 80g caster sugar 30g cocoa powder unsweetend 400g rhubarb, cut in 1-2cm pieces 150ml milk 150ml heavy cream 20g melted butter Prep.time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30-35 minutes You’ll need:...read more
Ingredients (18cm) 65g Kambly Bretzeli 150g hazelnut, ground 300ml heavy cream 3 egg yolk 3 egg white 150g sugar 1 Tbsp (ca.12g) corn starch 1 tsp vanilla extract ½ tsp cinnamon Rhubarb compote: 250g Rhubarb 80g sugar 1 Tbsp water Prep.time: 25...read more