Cheesy Squash Strudel
12 sheets of Filo pastry
Olive oil to brush
250g Winter squash, diced
1 medium Shallot, diced
50g Roquefort, crumbled
50g Pecorino Romano, grated
3-4 fresh Thyme sprigs
5-6 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and thyme sprigs. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, Roquefort, Pecorino Romano and eggs. Stir in the cooked squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one of the filo sheets on the working surface. Brush with olive oil then place another filo sheet on top and brush again with olive oil. Repeat to use up half of the filo sheets (6).
- Pour half of the mixture in the middle of the filo pastry, and arrange it down lengthwise
- Fold the two short edges on the top of the mixture, then roll up the pastry lengthwise
- Repeat the process with the remaining half.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil, and bake the strudel for 18-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Gluten Free Flour mix 150 g potato starch 150 g millet flour 100 g whole meal rice flour 80 g buckwheat flour Poolish 120 g GF flour mix 120 g water 4 g fresh yeast Main dough Poolish 360 g GF flour mix 15 g fresh yeast 30 g Psyllium Husk...read more
Before the baking begins, you have to Build a Gluten Free Sourdough Starter It takes about 7 days to complete. DAY 1: In a jar, whisk 5 g whole rice flour with 5 g brown millet flour and 10 g mineral water. Cover and set aside at room...read more
Gluten free flour mix 120 g corn starch 180 g wholemeal rice flour 150 g millet 25 g psyllium husk 10 g xanthan gum Ingredients 370 g milk 30 g fresh yeast 110 g granulated sugar 150 g soft butter 1 egg 2 egg yolks pinch of salt zest of a lemon...read more
Gluten free flour mix 100 g wholemeal rice flour 75 g buckwheat flour 50 g ground almonds 75 g corn starch 5 g psyllium husk Ingredients 1 tbsp gingerbread spice 1/2 tsp baking soda 60 g cane sugar 140 g honey 80 g butter, melted A pinch of salt...read more
Gluten Free Flour Mix 80 g potato starch 80 g brown millet flour 80 g wholemeal rice flour 40 g buckwheat flour 5 g psyllium husk Ingredients 135 g honey 110 g cane sugar 180 g water 90 g unsalted butter 1 egg yolk 1 Tbsp Gingerbread spice mix...read more
Ingredients: for the dough 300 g flour 200 g cold butter, cut into cubes 80 g Greek yogurt 1 tsp cane sugar or muscovado sugar 1 tsp salt freshly ground 6-8 cardamom pods 1 tsp lemon zest 1 egg, for wash cane sugar, for sprinkling for the...read more
Ingredients (20 cm baking pan) Dough: 200 g oat flour 1 1/2 tsp Nigella seeds 80 g Butter ca. 25 ml cold water 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar 1 tsp salt Filling: 200 g fresh goat cheese (or Ricotta) 1 small onion 2 garlic cloves, crushed 2 eggs...read more
This amazingly light and airy cake is the perfect sweet for Mother’s Day. The cake inside is pure white, so it got the name “angel”. Decorate it with cream and lots of fresh berries.read more
I couldn’t imagine a better Easter brunch, than hash browns with eggs. The crispy potatoes and runny eggs are the perfect combination. The kids love it too because it looks like a muffin. A tip: Serve it hot!read more
These spring rolls are simply prepared, full of fresh vegetables. It is amazingly flavourful and surprisingly filling. Not to mention that they are definitely low carb.read more