Cheesy Squash Strudel
12 sheets of Filo pastry
Olive oil to brush
250g Winter squash, diced
1 medium Shallot, diced
50g Roquefort, crumbled
50g Pecorino Romano, grated
3-4 fresh Thyme sprigs
5-6 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced).
- Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan. Sautee the shallots, then add the diced winter squash and thyme sprigs. On low-medium heat cook squash until softened.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, Roquefort, Pecorino Romano and eggs. Stir in the cooked squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one of the filo sheets on the working surface. Brush with olive oil then place another filo sheet on top and brush again with olive oil. Repeat to use up half of the filo sheets (6).
- Pour half of the mixture in the middle of the filo pastry, and arrange it down lengthwise
- Fold the two short edges on the top of the mixture, then roll up the pastry lengthwise
- Repeat the process with the remaining half.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil, and bake the strudel for 18-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
This is not just a typical popsicle, but more like a dessert. I love the taste of coconut, especially mixed with mango and passion fruit. Not only does it taste heavenly, it is also a very healthy treat.read more
During the hot summer days, I can not eat anything warm for lunch. I rather whip up something cold like this gazpacho, served with Naan bread.read more
Ingredients: Approximately 500 g plums (150 ml plum juice) 2 sheets of gelatine 1 tablespoon caster sugar 400 ml heavy cream 50 g Greek yogurt 50 g caster sugar 2 sheets of gelatine zest of a lemon pinch of cinnamon Prep.time: 20 minutes Cooling...read more
Ingredients: 10 peaches Juice of a lemon 700 ml Prosecco Plus fresh peaches for decorating Prep.time: 10 minutes Cooling time: overnight You'll need: Juicer 1. Halve peaches and remove stones 2. Attach juicer to Cooking Chef, add lemon juice to container and...read more
I know the best way to celebrate the international beer day. Bake an unforgettable, juicy and soft Guinness cake. I am sure that even those who do not like beer will fall in love with this cake.read more
Ingredients (makes one 24cm pie): 550 g flour 210 ml water 180 g duck fat 1 egg to brush Filling: 350 g chicken breast, cut into small pieces 3 spring onions, chopped small 50 g bacon, cut into small pieces 1 tablespoon of olive oil 80 g peas...read more
Ingredients (about 4 small or one 20cm baking tin): 240 g flour 125 g butter ½ pack of vanilla sugar 1 lemon zest 1 egg Filling: 50 g white almond paste 1 tablespoon of milk 200 g blackberries and blueberries mixed 1 tablespoon caster sugar ½...read more
Ingredients: 100 g spelled flour 250 g all purpose flour ½ teaspoon baking soda 150 g cane sugar ½ pack of vanilla sugar 100 ml buttermilk 3 eggs a pinch of salt 200 g redcurrants (plucked) Cream: 100 g redcurrants (plucked) 1 sheet of gelatine...read more
Ingredients: 4 egg yolk 120 ml lemon juice Zest of a lemon 150 g caster sugar 180g butter 3-4 fresh Thyme Prep.time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes You'll need: Flexi Beater 1. Attach Flexi Beater to Cooking Chef. 2. Add the caster...read more
This is a very aromatic Greek dish made with raisins and seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg. Now that the warm weather is here, it will be a perfect meal for a barbecue party.read more