CHANIAICO BUREKI – Zucchini Pie
Ingredients (20-22 cm):
250 g phyllo dough
250 g of potatoes
400 g of zucchini
10 pieces of cherry tomatoes
250 g ricotta (or antothiro)
200 g feta (or myzithra)
1 teaspoon dried oregano or mint
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
You’ll need: Grater
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C fan forced.
- Attach the grater. Grate zucchini and potatoes roughly.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Brush the baking pan with olive oil and line with phyllo sheets (leave 3 sheets for later) so that the dough sticks out on the sides.
- Mix the feta, ricotta, egg, dried oregano or mint with a little salt and pepper and fold in the vegetables.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into filo pastry and top it with the rest of the phyllo.
- Brush the cakes with olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden brown.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland