Champagne Jello With Italian Meringue
Ingredients for 4 servings:
80 ml water
20 g caster sugar
2 sheets of gelatine
200 ml Rose Champagne
2 egg whites
180 g sugar
35 g water
Preparation: 20 minutes and 1 hour to set
Cooking time: 5 minutes
You’ll need: Baloon Whisk
- In a pan, boil water with sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Soak gelatine and dissolve in the hot sugar syrup.
- Cool to room temperature and add champagne.
- Distribute jello in 4 glasses, add some frozen cassis and put refrigerate until it sets.
- For the meringue, in a saucepan cook sugar with water until it reaches 118 ° C.
- Beat the egg whites in the mixing bowl.
- As soon as the sugar syrup has reached a temperature of 118 ° C, increase the speed of the stand mixer and gradually pour syrup into the meringue.
- Beat at medium speed until cooled to ca. 40 ° C temperature and meringue is thick and glossy
- Spoon meringue on the champagne jello and serve immediately.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland