Bretzeli-Hazelnut Cake with Rhubarb Compote
65g Kambly Bretzeli
150g hazelnut, ground
300ml heavy cream
3 egg yolk
3 egg white
1 Tbsp (ca.12g) corn starch
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp water
Prep.time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Line the cake pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 160 ° C (fan forced)
- Spread the whole Kambly Bretzeli on the bottom of the pan
- In a saucepan, heat heavy cream with 150g sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks with cornstarch and slowly add the hot cream
- Stir in ground hazelnuts and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and stir gently into hazelnut cream
- Spread the mixture on the Bretzeli floor, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the rhubarb into 2cm long pieces.
- Add rhubarb, sugar, and water in a pan and cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is tender.
- Serve hazelnut cake with rhubarb compote and double cream.
Baked in partnership with Kambly