Braided Bread – Ricotta Pudding
Ca 450g Braided Bread or Croissant (min. A day old)
250 g Ricotta
3 Eggs (1 in Cream, 2 in Milk)
400 ml Milk
70g Sugar (40g in Ricotta, 30g in Milk)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Zest of a lemon
80g Sour cream
Prep.time: 10 mintes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
You’ll need: Balloon Whisk
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cut the braided bread into 1-1.5 cm thick slices
- Attach balloon whisk, add 1 egg, ricotta, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and raisins in the bowl and whisk until creamy
- Dissolve remaining sugar in milk and mix with egg.
- Butter a heat proof dish.
- Arrange half of the bread in the bottom of the dish, pour over half of the egg custard, spread ricotta mixture, top with remaining bread and custard.
- Bake pudding for 30 minutes, serve with caster sugar and vanilla sauce.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland