Blood Orange Creme Brûlée
300 ml fresh blood orange juice
5 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp Grand Marnier
2,5 Tbsp granulated sugar plus extra for the caramel layer
2 tsp corn starch
- Over a water bath, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar, vanilla, corn starch, and ginger until thick, pale and creamy.
- Add the orange juice and Grand Marnier and whisk for another couple of minutes.
- Pour the mixture into 4-6 ramekins and allow to cool completely before transferring to the fridge.
- Before serving, sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over the crème then caramelize with a blowtorch.
- You can also caramelize a couple of blood orange slices and serve with the crème brûlée.