Beef Ragout with Red Wine
600 g beef ragout in cubes
2 large onions
about 3 tablespoons of oil
1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, ground
salt and pepper
Approximately 700 ml vegetables or veal stock
250 ml quality dry red wine
Prep.time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: ca. 2,5 hours
You’ll need: Stirring tool
1. Attach stirring tool to Cooking Chef and set the temperature to 140 ° C.
2. Add oil into the mixing bowl and sauté the meat in portions for about 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
3. Finely chop the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add pepper strips and diced tomato together with the meat back into the mixing bowl, deglaze with red wine and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add vegetable or veal stock, season with ground paprika, ground caraway, salt, and pepper.
5. Reduce the temperature to 95 ° C until the sauce is simmering and set the timer to 2.5 hours.
6. Serve warm ragout with spaetzle.
Baked in partnership with Kenwood Switzerland