80g Spelt seeds
10g fresh Yeast
1 tsp Sugar or Honey
- 250 ml Water
Sesame, poppy seed
Ca 2 l Water
1 Tbsp Cane sugar
Prep.time: 90 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
You’ll need: Grain Mill, Dough Hook
- Attach the grain mill to the kitchen machine
- Add spelt seeds in the mill, and grind it
- Attach the dough hook, mix spelt, salt and flour in the bowl, add yeast, water, honey or sugar and knead for a few minutes
- Cover the dough and let it rise for an hour
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced)
- After rising punch down and divide dough into 8 balls.
- With your thumb, make a hole in each ball of dough and pull open, making a bagel shape.
- Cover balls, and let rise for 30 Minutes
- Bring water with sugar to boil.
- Cook 2 bagels at a time for about 30 seconds, turning each once.
- Drain and place on greased baking sheets.
- Top bagels with optional toppings. (sesame seed, poppy seed)
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden.